Our Contact details:
Miss Diane Hopkinson,
t/a Discount Fabrics Lincs and www.discountfabricslincs.co.uk
The Discount Shed, Highgate Farm, Carlton Road, South Reston, Louth, Lincs. LN11 8JN
Email: [email protected]
Terms & Conditions for orders placed on this web site. Placing an order is your acceptance of these terms and that you agree to abide by them.
Making A Purchase at www.discountfabricslincs.uk
We spend a lot of time and effort listing our fabrics and pride ourselves on accurate photos… the colours on this web site will be affected by the settings of your monitor which is obviously beyond our control. We offer a swatch service for most of our fabrics and would strongly urge customers take advantage of this by making a request for a swatch via our contact us page.
It is very important that you order enough fabric for your project and that you have taken into account pattern repeats etc. It is very rare for us to beable to obtain more fabric once a particular design has sold out. All our fabric is available to purchase in our bricks and mortar shop so occasionaly fabrics that have sold out may for a short time be available online. We always try to update stock levels straight away but if a sale overlaps we will issue a full refund immediatly, we cannot be held responsible for any inconvenience this causes. Fabrics sold as roll ends or roll deals have a 10% leeway in length to accomodate any marks at the end of the roll or slight discrepancies in roll length, please make sure you allow for this.
Payments can be made via bank transfer or paypal invoice which is our preferred method. This offers you buyer protection and us seller protection. Please ensure your address registered with paypal is up to date as this is the address we use to send out goods in accordance with paypals terms and conditions. Buyer and seller protection will not be provided if parcels are sent to an address that is not registered with paypal.
On receipt of your order and payment we will pack your item(s) and book them in with our courier. Within 24 hours your order will be collected from us and will be delivered to you within 2 to 5 working days. We will provide tracking information on request. Large orders and whole roll deals are dealt with by Night Freight which is a next day overnight service. International orders will take longer and are dependent on the country of delivery and the couriers terms. All our parcels are fully insured at no extra cost. We understand it can be frustrating waiting in for a delivery, you have the option to nominate a trusted neighbour to sign for your delivery or you may elect to have your delivery sent to your place of work. A signature will be required on delivery, our couriers will not leave any items without a signature. Occasionally for reasons of weight, size etc an order cannot be delivered for the stated delivery price...this is very rare and is normally with overseas orders or BT postcodes. If this happens we will be in touch to see if you are prepared to pay the additional costs, if not we are happy to refund your money. We cannot be held responsible for delays in postage and any consequences this may have.
PLEASE NOTE ALL PARCELS ARE CHECKED AND PHOTOGRAPHED PRIOR TO DISPATCH TO VERIFY THE CONTENTS OF EACH PARCEL.
If you require tracking information please contact us via our contact us link http://www.discountfabricslincs.co.uk/contactus.html or email us at [email protected] .
All fabric sold by us is classed as a bespoke item under the trade regulations and is exempt from The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 and cannot be returned or exchanged. Any claim for faulty goods supplied, where the claim has not been made within 14 days of receipt, will be dealt with on the basis that the goods have been accepted by the purchaser, and therefore cannot be rejected. No items will be accepted for return after 14 days. Please also note that a refund will not be given if items have been cut, cleaned, or used contrary to any instructions on this website or the selvedge of the fabric. Returns should be sent to The Discount Shed, Highgate Farm, Carlton Road, south Reston, Louth, Lincs, LN11 8JN and marked for the attention of Miss Diane Hopkinson. Return postage costs must be paid for by the customer and will not be refunded. We will also charge a 25% handling fee which covers our restocking expenses and the costs involved of re rolling etc. When purchasing full rolls of fabric as whole roll deals it is to be expected that in the manufacturing process faults will occur. It is also acceptable to have joins in fabrics particularly larger rolls. This should not be considered a fault unless the faults/joins are excessive. A full roll of 50m’s may have up to 5 joins, this equates to 1 fault/join per 10 m’s of fabric. Though this is very rare customers need to accept these terms when ordering from www.discountfabricslincs.co.uk. Fabrics bought by the metre are checked prior to packing and will be free of all faults, if there is a join in the fabric we will always provide extra to accomodate this. If you require a continual length of more than 10 metres without a join please let us know and we will arrange this. Upholstery fabrics, especially ones with a bonded back often have 'marks' on the reverse side, this is not a fault and is quite normal and does not effect the face side of the fabric.
Shrinkage and colour fade
We would always recommend customers pre wash fabrics before cutting to allow for any normal shrinkage before making up. Repeated washing will lead to colour loss though this will be kept to a minimum if washed correctly.
Credit Card Security
All our online payments are processed via paypal. For more information about this secure method of payment please follow this link
Fire & Safety
Fabrics may only be used for upholstery if they have been treated in accordance with the Furniture & Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988. Fabrics displayed on this site have not been treated unless otherwise stated.
- Our details
- How we collect or obtain personal information about you
- Personal information we collect or obtain about you
- How we use your personal information
- How long we retain your personal information
- How we secure your personal information
- Your rights in relation to your personal information
- Your right to object to the processing of your personal information for certain purposes
- Consequences of not providing your personal information to us
- Changes to your information
- Children’s Privacy
- California Do Not Track Disclosures
- Copyright, credit and logo
- Data controller: Diane Hopkinson
- How we collect or obtain your information:
- when you provide it to us (e.g. by contacting us, completing a checkout process, placing an order on our website, signing up to our newsletter, )
- from your use of our website, using cookies
- Personal information we collect: name, contact details, information about your computer (e.g. your IP address and browser type), payment information (e.g. your credit or debit card details when making payment through our website), information about how you use our website (e.g. which pages you have viewed, the time you viewed them, and what you clicked on), information about your mobile device (such as your geographical location).
- How we use your personal information: for administrative and business purposes (particularly to contact you and process orders you place on our website), to improve our business and website, for advertising and analytical purposes, in connection with our legal rights and obligations and for certain additional purposes only with your explicit consent.
- Disclosure of your personal information to third parties: only to the extent necessary to run our business, fulfil any contracts we enter into with you, where required by law or to enforce our legal rights.
- Do we sell personal information to third parties: No
- How long we retain your personal information: for no longer than necessary, taking into account any legal obligations we have (e.g. to maintain records for tax purposes) and any other legal basis we have for using your personal information e.g. your consent, performance of a contract with you or our legitimate interests as a business.
- How we secure your personal information: using appropriate technical and organisational measures such as storing your personal information on secure servers, encrypting transfers of data to or from our servers, encrypting payments on our site via Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and only granting access to your personal information where necessary .
- Transfers of your personal information outside the European Economic Area: we will not transfer your personal information outside of the European Economic Area.
- Your rights in relation to your personal information
- to access your personal information and to be informed about its use
- to correct your personal information
- to have your personal information deleted
- to restrict the use of your personal information
- to object to the use of your personal information
- to complain to a supervisory authority
- to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information
- to use appropriate technical and organisational measures such as storing personal information on secure servers
- only granting access to personal information where necessary
- using a non-standard URL for logging in to the content management system